Welcome to Senior Vision Services!
Senior Vision Services is a caring and compassionate team that specializes in medical eye care for patients in nursing and assisted living homes. Our devoted Doctors of Optometry and assistants provide convenient on-site eye care so the residents don't have to leave the comfort of the home. From treating and monitoring eye disorders, to yearly medical eye exams, we can ensure your loved ones the best care possible with respect and dignity.
Reasons why you should have a Yearly Medical Eye Exam:
- Having eye exams regularly is vital for the detection of vision loss and eye diseases before a resident is even aware a problem exists.
- Often, there are no symptoms or pain in the early stages of eye diseases and disorders.
- Early treatment can help slow or reverse vision loss in many cases.
- The longer the medical eye care is delayed, the more the damage is done.
- Many times, vision loss is so gradual, the resident is unaware until it is too late.
- A person with diabetes can have bleeding in their retina, causing permanent damage, and have no symptoms.
- Approximately 45% of Americans diagnosed with diabetes have some stage of diabetic retinopathy.
- If you are a diabetic, you have a higher risk of developing glaucoma, cataracts, and diabetic retinopathy.
- Undetected loss of vision can also cause confusion or depression.
- A visual field test can detect central and peripheral vision problems caused by glaucoma, stroke, and other eye or brain issues.
- At least 50% of those with glaucoma are unaware of their condition.
- Approximately 61% of Americans require some form of vision correction.